Badoney Church of Ireland in the Glenelly Valley is typical of new Anglican churches funded by the church’s ‘Board of First Fruits’. Known as the ‘tower and hall type’, they followed the Georgian norms of simplicity and proportion and, as with this one, tend to be located on or near to the site of the preceding medieval building. Churches such as these invariably had a small extension at the end to house a chancel added later. A medieval feature, these became popular again in the Church of Ireland in the Nineteenth Century. The chancel to this building was added in the 1860’s.