This Twelfth Century door is the finest example of a Romanesque door to have survived in Ulster. According to the Archaeological Inventory of Co Cavan the door is 'believed to have originated from Trinity Island (CV020-077001-), was subsequently moved to Slandore (CV025-0109---) and from there to its present location. (Davies 1948, 101-9; Killanin and Duignan, 102)' . The door exhibits the marks of these moves with some stones in the wrong place and a little mixed up, but it is a very impressive feature. Over time some stones have weathered differently and today there is a huge range of colours across its sandstone blocks. This adds to its character and is accentuated by its contrast with the surrounding dark blue limestone of the 1860 cathedral.