Balteagh Parish Drumsurn Road Limavady was constructed in 1815 and is a typical Church of Ireland ‘tower and hall’ church. Classical influences are apparent in the pitch of its roof and the return of the cornice line to form a pediment but the windows are Gothic and the tower battlemented with spikes. Opposite is the ruin of its predecessor -the medieval church which is thought to have been early. It is mentioned in a valuation of 1306 and was reported in the Ordnance Survey Memoirs of 1833 to have been standing and in use until 1777 when it was damaged by storms. In the 1830′s a tudor like window with three mullions was recorded on the end gable. Today church and graveyard make an atmospheric group and stand sentinel to the long history of Christianity in this area.