Donemana Castle dominates the approach to the village from the north where it appears as a gaunt ruin on top of a steep cliff. However, in the village, it is a little hard to see as is now located in the back garden of two modern houses. The site is reputedly that of the original plantation bawn which was replaced by this building in the la eighteenth century. It was described as ‘in ruins’, in McCrea and Knox’s map of Tyrone of 1813. Clearly ‘Gothick’ in its original design with its lancet windows, little now remains apart from the front and side walls.