The mid eighteenth century was a busy time for construction throughout all of Ireland as things settled down after the upheavals of the previous century. One house in this area reflects the type of settled landlord houses being built throughout this period. Brookhill House is a relatively small example of the type and was constructed in 1795 for the landlord of what were described as 'church lands' at the time of the Plantation. Situated with its back to Ardlough Road, the building looks out to fine views across the Faughan Valley. The central entrance porch is Victorian and more ornate than the original Georgian door with fanlight behind but it harmonises with the earlier house.