The Old Post Office at the end of Main St Limavady opened in 1952. It was designed by TFO Rippingham of the N Ireland Ministry of Works in a restrained classical style. It is an unusual building, very tall and thin with stepped Dutch gables and balustrade type details under the main windows. Now used as a coffee shop, it is an important connection between Main Street and Tesco’s carpark behind. On the gable out of site on this drawing is a rectangular column on the centre line rising to about door head height/ This is surmounted by a carving of a crown with the words E11R 1952 below.