Limavady Community Development Initiative offices in the former Roe Valley Hospital. Opened as the Limavady Union Workhouse in 1842, it is the best surviving example of the standard type in Northern Ireland. The workhouse followed an intentionally harsh regime with families separated on entry. It continued in operation until the late 1920′s with the last inmates transferred to Coleraine in 1930. It then became a district hospital and continued in this use until the late 1990′s when the building was transferred to LCDI. They undertook a major renovation to a high standard which has retained and enhanced the historic charcter of the building.