Hidden down a side road from Ballymagorry Village is a more functional building - its former railway station. This is made from corrugated iron probably ordered from a pattern book and assembled on site. It reflects the increasing industrialisation of the period. The building was constructed as a station for the Donegal Railway, a narrow gauge line that opened in 1901 and ran from Derry to Strabane and then on into Co Donegal. It is seemingly untouched from when the last train passed in 1955.