Closer to Strabane is the ruin of Camus Juxta Mourne Church. Reputedly founded by St Colgan in 586 it is the original parish church of what is now Strabane town. As with Ardstraw, the original church would have been in timber. The present stone built church is a rebuild of the medieval church and was ruined in the 1642 Rebellion. It has a small window on its east gable with a round head -the form of the Romanesque architectural style introduced to the island from Europe from the tenth century onwards.