St Patrick’s Church is on high ground at the end of Gortin village. Designed by EJ Toye of Derry and built between 1898 and 1902, it has many similarities with St Patrick’s, Pennyburn, which he designed at the same time. It also has a rose window and blind arcading on the main facade. The door here is pointed Gothic rather than rounded Romanesque and the church has a broach spire rather than the Byzantine dome of Pennyburn. This building is well sited with fine views and a dramatic entrance as it is hidden from view on the road up from the village. Worth a visit.