The Co Donegal Planning Office in the main square or ‘Diamond’ of Lifford is an important apparently Georgian building which brings a strong civic presence to the square. However, pyramidal kneeler stones on the gables give the game away, for this detail is more commonly found on Gothic churches. Gothic was popular during the Victorian period. The building we see today was, according to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, built or remodelled in 1868. The central door surround with Tuscan columns is carefully detailed and may be a remnant of a previous building on the site.