On to Buncrana. This is its O'Doherty castle beside the Crana river. This also originally had a defensive wall or bawn around it. Some sources suggest that the ground and first floor may be 14th century, which is very early for an Irish tower house (most were built after 1450). The top storey dates from the early 17th century. Today, as a well maintained ruin, in the leafy surroundings of Swan Park, it has great character.