To the west of Ballymagorry is the Stabane Canal. This was constructed between 1791 and 1795 and closed in 1962. This is Campsie's Lock which connects the canal to the River Foyle. It has been restored in recent years with nicely laid out public paths to a carpark at its junction with the road to Ballymagorry. It is a site well worth the effort to get to.