North Watch Tower Roe Valley Country Park. This is one of two towers built to guard the nearby bleach green which was opened in 1766 by Lesley Alexander and closed in 1831. Such greens were an important part of Linen making, with sheets laid out to bleach in the sunlight. As a valuable commodity they had to be protected from thieves and hence the watch towers. Such buildings, once common are now very rare. The two in the country park are among the best examples surviving. This one, along a public path was, however, rebuilt as a faithful replica from its foundations in the mid 1970′s.