At the entrance to Limavady Main Street, within a garden well back from the building line, is Christ Church. This modest looking building is quite decorative inside and well worth a visit. A church is recorded here from the late seventeenth century and the present building was constructed in 1750. The tower was added in 1765. It is a haven of calm away from the main street. In recent years a new bypass has revealed a dramatic view of the building from the opposite side. From there it is revealed as located on a high platform comanding the plain beyond.